05 May, 2008

The Golden Compass


I'm kinda behind on this one, but better late than never, I always say. I have been dying waiting for the film "The Golden Compass" to be released so I could rent it. I have been very curious to see if all the negative emails I received about the film was accurate. I was at Costco and was browsing along the books and DVD section and there in plain site was the movie I have been waiting what seems to be a lifetime to see. I made up my mind to rent it after my adventure at Costco was over. And so I did, as planned. I rented the film. All the people who said this film was so horrible are ridiculous!!! I understand that the author is aetheist but is that any reason to rule something out? I also know that there is something about a character named "God" who dies in one of the 3 books, but this was not part of this film. I have taken it upon myself to figure this whole thing out for myself. I am going to read them all. I am just waiting for them to arrive in the mail to start. I'll post what I come up with. I think everyone who wanted to see this film, before they got so much email advising them not to, should see it. I loved it so much I bought it. I thought it was a beautiful tale about how one small child can change things. The graphics and acting was awesome!! Can I get a Woop Woop! hahahahaha

1 comment:

Julie said...

Brandon and I went and saw it, mostly because, like you, we got like a thousand emails telling us not to and we wanted to see what the fuss was all about. When it was over, we walked out and were like, "Um, whats the big deal?" We liked it, too, and somehow our belief in God AND our morals are still intact.