30 August, 2009

It's a BOY!!!!

It's been a long time since I've posted anything. Really since I started feeling better from all the yuck of being prego. Then the pain of being prego set in and now I'm posting because the prego ended early this morning at about 5am with the birth of our new baby Gavin Thomas DeCoria. I awoke around 3am with excruciating pain and we flew to the hospital expecting someone to figure out what was wrong with me. The doctor soon showed up and said be prepared to take this baby via c section. We were like what? "I'm only 36 weeks." That didn't seem to matter because shortly after I was having my very 1st and last c section. P.s., I got the ole tubes tide while I was at it and now I've learned that my dear cousins now refer to me as "cousin It" Ha ha ha. Dallas was suppose to have the surgery but we made a deal in the doctors office awhile ago that if I had to have a c section that I would get my tubes tide, which I was fine with cuz I knew that I was not going to have a section. I guess you could say that I was wrong.
We did not find out the sex of the baby because we wanted to be surprised and how nice it was to experience that like mom's of the past. Gavin being born at 36 weeks weighed in at 7lbs 3 ounces and about 20 long. Mom and baby and happy and healthy and can't wait to come home.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

WAHOO!!!! LOve him and love you!!!!!

hansen family said...

Oh my GOSHHHH...No way, that was fast. I just saw you in the car like yesterday? That's so awesome, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! can't wait to see the little cutie..

sun

Julie said...

I am still in shock! Can't wait to see pictures of him. Hope you are feeling good!

Meegan said...

Congrats. Can't wait to see photos of the little man! Glad you survived it all. ~Meegan