11 September, 2008

Deadly Rapids!



A bunch of friends and chums planned a White Water rafting extravaganza on the Deschutes! Their were several riggs that drove over. Our car was packed. Every seat was taken. It was so fun. We had Terry and Tiff, and Jon and Jill, and JR and ourselves of course! The mini was packed! Our friends Rachel and Kevin drove up in their truck. So it was the 9 of us that made up the members of our raft.
There were a lot of peeps from church as well, some we knew and some we didn't. I had a great time. The water was a bit too cold for me at first. I wasn't to thrilled to be dumped with bucket after bucket of cold frigid water, but nonetheless, I had an amazing day. There were three rafts filled with fun crazy people! I was really proud of myself too because I left my fear in the car and just went for it. One of the drops was really scary, and I thought I might fall out, but I clung to that raft like my life depended on it! Ha ahahahaha, I came home and I had a bruised butt, yes, both cheeks! hee hee
At one spot you can get out of your raft and hike to a 'lil area that has small rapids you can go down without a raft. I was proud, I jumped in and was spit out at the other end. I usually get to scared to do something like this because, well this is nothing new, I'm weak sauce! ha ha ha hahaha

No comments: