03 April, 2008

April Fool's


I thought it would be so funny to play a 'lil April Fool's joke on my family. I found the cutest recipe for Fauxberry pie in my Family Fun mag. It appears to be a dessert, but it's really pink mashed potatoes on top of a meat loaf and pie crust. You puree beets to get the pink potatoes. It was hilarious! I told everyone we were going to have dessert for dinner. Layken was so thrilled she started to scream! She tasted her piece of pie and said...this is a yucky pie mommy. I laughed. Aspen, looked at me and said, what is this anyway? hahahahaha I got them good! I screamed April Fool's at this point and told them what it really was. Layken didn't eat much for dinner. I think the pink potatoes were just a bit odd. It was a yummy recipe. 
I have to admit. I had a hard time eating potatoes that were pink too!

4 comments:

B said...

brooke! only you. . .

bd said...

hahahaha, thanks Brittany!

Annette Rose said...

That is awesome! I am so bad about getting creative on holidays. I just think that is so cool and funny!

Julie said...

AAAHhhhhhhhahhahha! Only you would do this.. I love it. That is the most hysterical thing!